Now that I'm in Maine, and more importantly now that we've set up our internet, I'll be able to update a lot more.
I drove up here with my friend Tim, who is a graduate student at UF also studying lighting design. He's the Associate Artistic Director and resident Lighting Designer here at the Playhouse. I'm sure he'll be around in a lot of my stories and pictures for the summer, so you'll get to know him.
On our way here we stopped at almost every "Welcome to..." sign and took pictures of our progress. It took us a full two days of driving, but we spent the night in Washington, DC with an old friend and got to see the monuments and a little bit of Georgetown nightlife.
A photo montage:
In Maryland we ran into some guys from a Pipe band practicing at the rest stop and talked to them about what it's like to bagpipe:
By the second night we had to do a little bit of on-the-go lighting design to be able to get pictures, finally just leaving the car running and using the headlights once we hit Maine:
It started raining shortly after the last picture was taken, and once we arrived at the Playhouse we were tired enough that we just unloaded our luggage and hit the hay.












No comments:
Post a Comment